Natalie Hoy brings a wealth of experience as a writer, editor and facilitator to her work with the Clarity team.
Natalie is a master of her craft
Natalie's key focus is helping technical and subject matter experts cut through and influence outcomes by crafting communications that make it easy for non-experts to get their point. She:
- Delivers tailored learning programs that teach client teams to apply Clarity’s structured thinking tools in their context and on their communications
- Works with teams and individuals on specific projects, to help them structure their problem-solving, synthesise their key messages, and map out their support logically
- Writes or edits clients’ reports, applying Clarity’s approach to transform complex analysis into engaging communications.
Natalie tailors learning to clients’ context and challenges
For example, Natalie recently:
- Designed and delivered a pilot Clarity learning program for a government audit office, then rolled out the program to all its performance audit staff. The office found the program so useful, it referred Natalie an interstate peer organisation
- Ran a learning program for an independent government advisory body to boost its ability to provide clear and accessible evidence-based advice to policymakers on natural resource management
- Supported an independent review panel, helping it structure its analytical approach and synthesise its findings, and writing its community consultation paper and its report to government.
Natalie loves grappling with complex ideas
Natalie approaches her work with curiosity and a spirit of collaboration. She loves helping smart teams wrangle challenging subjects and complex analysis into clear, compelling communications that meet the needs of time-poor stakeholders and decision-makers. She brings her warmth and personality to her learning programs, as well as her professionalism and commitment to making an impact.
Natalie has a strong track record
Natalie has provided strategic communication services for 25 years. Many of her clients have worked with her consistently over this time and see her as communications partner and trusted advisor. One has frequently said they wish they “could clone her”.
She previously worked at McKinsey & Company as a Communication Specialist where she mastered the Minto Pyramid Principle Ⓡ, and at CHOICE Magazine as a journalist.
She has a BA from the University of Sydney, a Certificate IV in workplace training and assessment, and is an enthusiastic life-long learner.