Josh Dowse has 30 years’ experience helping leaders and teams think through and communicate clearly on the things that matter most to them.
Josh helps leaders and experts identify and articulate what they need to say
A dynamic thought partner, Josh:
- Delivers lively, interactive Clarity workshops and learning programs
- Guides and partners with teams to solve difficult issues and create clear communications based on transparent logic
- Writes engaging reports, articles and set pieces.
Josh is an experienced facilitator and writer
For example, Josh has:
- Co-led the Clarity learning program for now over 2000 people at a global financial group, leading to breakthrough improvements in culture and efficiency
- Co-led nine workshops and ghosted the reports of the NAB-CSIRO Australian National Outlook, in which 50 corporate, research and non-profit leaders forecast Australia’s economic and social future
- Delivered Clarity learning programs that led to communication breakthroughs for multiple teams in government, the law, small business, academia, and the non-profit sector
- Worked closely with teams to workshop the content and structure of board and research papers and edit their drafts
- Thought-partnered and co-scripted CEO speeches, and provided structural guidance and editing for many public reports.
Josh’s style reflects his respect for clients and their audiences
As both facilitator and writer, Josh recognises his role is to support and add clarity – the client is the specialist and bears the responsibility, so must have the final say. However, his own curiosity and broad-ranging experience makes him an insightful thought partner on any subject matter. He is also a strong advocate for the audience – working with clients to ensure the structure, content and layout of communications work hand-in-hand to make their meaning effortlessly transparent.
Josh has broad interests and credentials
Josh is a qualified lawyer and editor, with an honours history degree, a law degree, a masters in environmental law and economics, and a graduate diploma in editing, all from the University of Sydney.
He has previously worked as a lawyer, a communication consultant at McKinsey & Company, and an editor with the McKinsey Quarterly. He was also a non-fiction publisher at Allen & Unwin.
He enjoys all sports, and has served as a coach, secretary and president of the Manly Roos Rugby Union Club, and a director of Accessible Arts. He also spent a year helping his local member of federal parliament achieve 61% support in her first election.