Jo Wigley partners with leaders to help them communicate and connect with people to create great workplaces. She brings deep skills in executive coaching, training design and facilitation to the Clarity team, as well as practical experience in senior management
Jo helps leaders communicate and connect
Clients work with Jo when they want to:
- Boost their executives’ communication, problem-solving and influence skills as part of a broader leadership development program
- Build their teams’ ability to craft and deliver high-impact papers and presentations to decision-makers.
Jo has great experience in coaching, learning and development
Jo’s recent experience includes:
- Helping executives at a global pharmaceutical company use Clarity storylines in their verbal updates to the leadership team and in written submissions seeking treatment listing approval.
- Designing and delivering a leadership development program for a global market trading firm. This included training in Clarity’s problem-solving and storyline methods to help participants build the logical thinking and structured communication skills the firm had identified as critical to success in its leadership positions.
- Designing and delivering presentation skills training programs using Clarity’s storyline method for executives at a large convenience retail organisation. Feedback showed that this resulted in their presentations to the senior leadership team having greater impact (and less “blah blah”, in the words of the marketing director).
- Delivering Clarity learning programs and 1-1 coaching to all levels of staff in the HR department of a university to cut the time taken to write council papers and communicate their ideas and recommendations more clearly.
Jo understands leaders’ needs and challenges
Jo’s approach reflects her background in psychology, executive coaching and consulting, as well as her practical experience in senior roles. As a coach to many senior executives in large organisations, she understands what leaders’ need and has insight into contemporary business issues. As a consultant, she has the skills and tools to translate client’s needs into learning programs that deliver outcomes. Jo’s clients value her practical executive experience and willingness to challenge them to confront difficult feedback as they build new skills and new perspectives.
Jo is eminently qualified
Jo is a registered psychologist with endorsement in organisational psychology. She also holds masters level qualifications in business (Master of Marketing from the Melbourne Business School) and psychology (Master of Arts by research from the University of Melbourne). Jo is a member of the Australian Psychological Society, a fellow of the APS College of Organisational Psychologists, and a member of the APS Interest Group in Coaching Psychology.