Gerard Castles draws on 30 years’ experience to partner with leaders and teams as they create clear, compelling business communications.
Gerard provides what clients need
There are many reasons why clients have worked with Gerard – here are some:
- Creates fun, lively and challenging interactive workshops and learning programs for teams
- Acts as a thought partner providing structured thinking on difficult issues
- Provides 1-1 coaching for senior executives looking to enhance their communication skills.
Gerard has the runs on the board
In recent times Gerard has:
- Co-led the Clarity learning program for 1500 people at a leading global financial group. One senior executive said that the program had been “transformational”, changing the way participants presented complex information to decision making forums
- Coached senior executives 1-1 to boost their ability to create clear and compelling communications.
- Recently he has worked with a CEO of a major retail company, and a CEO aspirant who was successful in getting the top job
- Run Clarity learning programs and for government, small business, non-profits and university teams. Participants often commented that these programs provided the best learning in their professional career and that they could apply this learning straightaway.
Gerard is a straight shooter who genuinely enjoys working with people
Gerard brings his whole self to his work. He is a no b……t person. That said, he’s a true thought partner – challenging when needed but he also able and knows when to back off. Many of his clients have worked with Gerard over decades because they have enjoyed working with him and know he brings tremendous value to their teams. He’s very much a real person not a formulaic trainer. His programs are famously engaging, he often shares stories that bring learning to life.
Gerard has a wealth of experience in addition to credentials in education and a passion for sharing his skills.
Gerard was previously a Communication Consultant at McKinsey & Company, and a recognised leader of the firm’s international communication practice.
He is member of the global Future Search Network, a collaboration of hundreds of volunteers who work with communities, and non-profits to help them ‘change the world one meeting at a time’.
Gerard has a BA with honours and Diploma of Education, all from the University of Tasmania.